This does what it says on the tin. Use this as an excellent way to celebrate the release of the Avengers on blu-ray and DVD earlier this week! 😀 (Yes, I know it came out Tuesday; I was trying to be a responsible drinking mentor and postpone possible inebriation till the weekend.)
This game is possibly a little more drinking-heavy than the last one I posted, for virtue of the fact that the last one was to be played during a LotR movie marathon and the Avengers is only two and a half hours long.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, da roolz:
Before drinking, choose a character name.
Take one drink when:
- Your character’s first or superhero name is said.
- Clint poses.
- Fury says a baller one-liner.
- Natasha says ‘red in my ledger’.
- Tony calls someone a nickname instead of their real name. (Superhero names don’t count; think “Point Break”, “Rock of Ages”, “Reindeer Games”, “Legolas.”)
- Thor says ‘brother.’
- Bruce calls Hulk ‘the other guy.’
- Steve doesn’t understand modern things.
- The Glowstick of Destiny does something. (It’s so multi-useful! It zaps! It brainwashes! It makes julienne fries!)
- Someone says Tesseract.
- Coulson’s an awkward fanboy.
- You can try to say lines in unison with the movie, but if you fuck it up there is a three drink or one shot penalty.
- Whenever Thor grabs Loki’s neck, drink for the duration of neck grabbing.
- Whenever Loki monologues, drink for the duration of the monologue.
- When Coulson ‘dies’, finish your drink. (‘Dies’ is in quotes because I refuse to accept that we’ve been Jossed and that he’s actually gone.)
And remember, as always, Lady Geek Girl and Friends does not condone alcohol poisoning, underage drinking, or collaborating with Thanos to take over Midgard.